advice needed for simple python web app

Paul Rubin http
Fri Feb 4 02:10:35 EST 2005

"Dan Perl" <danperl at rogers.com> writes:
> This is exactly the kind of summary that I think should be in a
> WebProgrammingShootOut (see another one of my postings in this
> thread) but I failed to find such a summary.  Thanks, Brian!  Anyone
> can add to the list?

If you're just trying to get a conceptual understanding of web
programming, I suggest you start with cgi.

Next you might want to read Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing:

  http://philip.greenspun.com/panda/

It's out of date and the examples use Tcl and Oracle instead of
Python, but it's still a good explanation of how database-driven web
sites work.  The rest (like languages frameworks) is just a matter of
picking some implementation parameters.