Considering python - have a few questions.

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Sun Feb 13 00:58:29 EST 2005

Heather Stovold wrote:
> I need to make a GUI interface.

There are many to choose from.  I prefer wxPython (wxpython.org).  It is
portable, has native look-and-feel, comes with good documentation and an
excellent demo application.

> I would really love it to be able to also be able to be run on the
> internet

You can certainly do network IO with Python, and there are several
add-ons that make it even easier: Pyro at pyro.sourceforge.net or the
built-in XML-RPC client and server.

> btw - I have the database designed (and the program info database
> filled) in Access....

There have been several threads here about connecting to Access.

> I don't mind working hard to learn how to do it....   I just want to
> know if Python is a good choice or not!

I'd definitely say so.  Have fun!
--
Benji York