PyQt documentation

Eric Jardim ericjardim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:20:43 EST 2005

> You can use the qt c++ doc from trolltech.
> The pyqt bindings are so close to he original that
> you usually can simply use that.

Yes, I currently use it.

>  Additionally, there is a book from boudewijn rempt
> about coding in python+qt which is for qt2, but
> it covers all the signal slot basics and is completely
> available online.

I know the book, too. But It would be more practical to have a
Qtdoc-like for python, don't you think?

> There is an python-based ide which has the same
> name as your first name - try that.

Sure, I use it too. It's great.

The point is that if someone is familiar just to Python and not Qt, or
the reverse, familiar to Qt and not to Python, it is difficult to see
the *little* details of implementation.

I say this because I am familiar to Qt and not much to Python, and
there are simple little mistake I do, that could be avoided if a simple
example explained it. And a searchable API with examples would be
perfect for rapid development.

Think about more *new* people using PyQt. I think PyQt if a great
(actually the gratest ever, IMO) development "enviroment" and as more
people use it, better it gets.

Thats the reason I want to know if there is a "Qtdoc-like" PyQt doc. If
it does not exists, let's make it :)

Wanna join?

[Eric Jardim]