PyQt and Python 2.4 - also WinXP LnF?

Simon John simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:55:34 EST 2005

I've just read the Qt4 GPL for Windows will only support gcc (and maybe
MinGW) anyway, not BCC or VisualC++ (or it's free equivalents), so it
looks like it would be a daunting task to actually build PyQt....

See http://osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=9675

I guess the Qt used in PyQt from BlackAdder just wasn't built with XP
support, and if I can't use it to compile PyQt properly, then it's
worthless to me.

I guess a lot of this licensing crap will change when Qt4 GPL is
actually released, but it's still looking like commercial Qt is the
only "easy" way to go, and the Trolls are just making a "difficult" GPL
version to shut people up!