PyQt and Python 2.4 - also WinXP LnF?

Simon John simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 15:13:12 EST 2005

I've just got Qt 3.3.3 and PyQt 3.1.3 compiled for Python 2.4 using the
instructions for MinGW here:

http://kscraft.sourceforge.net/convert_xhtml.php?doc=pyqt-windows-install.xhtml

It was a pretty nasty experience, hacking python24.dll and patching
sip/PyQt, but i got it all working after about 4 hours! It still
doesn't support the XP LnF, but at least I have a non-limited
QtDesigner etc. now, and something I can distribute for Windows which
supports Python 2.4/QScintilla.

I couldn't get it to work with the free MS compiler (VC2003 command
line tools and 1.1 SDK) as they were missing libraries etc. I guess the
docs are referring to a full Visual Studio .NET 2003