Why doesn't join() call str() on its arguments?

news.sydney.pipenetworks.com nytimes at swiftdsl.com.au
Thu Feb 17 22:14:55 EST 2005

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:19:44 +1100, news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the pointer. Let's see how many zen points are for the OP's
>>idea vs against
>

> Along with the fact that I agree with Nick that you've seriously
> miscounted (most of your "fors" are simply irrelevant and I think you
> added them to bolster your point, at least I *hope* you don't think they
> are all relevant... for instance if you really think "Flat is better than
> nested" applies here, you don't understand what that one is saying...),

You're right there. It's my own interpretation :-)

> I'd point out that the Zen that can be comprehended by checking off items
> in a list is not the true Zen.

Well I didn't create or bring up the list of items originally. I was
"zenning" it out until someone pointed me to the "Python" commandments.

I always wished computer science was more engineering then philosophy.
That way there'd always be an obvious answer.

Regards,

Huy