Why doesn't join() call str() on its arguments?

Rocco Moretti roccomoretti at hotpop.com
Sat Feb 19 23:51:44 EST 2005

Jeff Shannon wrote:
> news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:
>
>> Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>>
>>> a certain "princess bride" quote would fit here, I think.
>>
>> I'm not really familiar with it, can you enlighten please.
>
> (Taking a guess at which quote /F had in mind...)
>
> Vezzini:  "Inconceivable!"
> Inigo:    "You keep using that word.  I do not think that it means what
> you think it means."
>
> Jeff Shannon

With all the talk about "never"s, my initial thought was:

Vezzini: Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic
blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
Only slightly less well know is this: Never go in against a Sicilian
when death is on the line! Ha ha, Ha ha, Ha <thunk>

I think yours makes more sense in context, though.