Why doesn't join() call str() on its arguments?

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Thu Feb 17 22:27:11 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:14:55 +1100, news.sydney.pipenetworks.com wrote:
> I always wished computer science was more engineering then philosophy.
> That way there'd always be an obvious answer.

I hear that!

To be fair, computer *science* is more like mathematics than philosophy;
once a correctly-framed question has been asked there is only one answer,
or at least the answers are definite, or definite in their indefiniteness.
(For the most part.)

We're programming here though, and there we are groping through the
formless void, arguing about whether my infinitesimal is better than your
infinitesimal.

Sorry, I was Zenning it out too, I guess. :-)

By the way, just to be clear, my infinitesimal's dad can beat up your
infinitesimal's dad any day of the week.

(Looks like the Zen mood has passed...)