access to preallocated block of memory?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Thu Dec 15 14:50:10 EST 2005

On 2005-12-15, Greg Copeland <gtcopeland at gmail.com> wrote:

> So array can not map a pre-existing chunk of memory?

Providing access to a pre-existing chunk of memory is an OS
feature.  How does VxWorks provide that feature?

> I did not port the mmap module because such semantics don't
> exist on VxWorks.

Well then, what semantics _do_ exist on VxWorks?

> Based on comments thus far, it looks like mmap is my best bet
> here?  Any other options?

Since we don't know how VxWorks provides access to an arbitrary
block of memory, how would we know how to use that VxWorks
feature from Python?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm DESPONDENT... I
                                  at               hope there's something