Documentation suggestions

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:57:51 EST 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Iain> I like the Global Module Index in general - it allows quick access
>     Iain> to exactly what I want.  I would like a minor change to it though
>     Iain> - stop words starting with a given letter rolling over to another
>     Iain> column (for example, os.path is at the foot of one column, while
>     Iain> ossaudiodev is at the head of the next), and provide links to each
>     Iain> initial letter at the top of the page.
>
> I know it's not what you asked for, but give
>
>     http://staging.musi-cal.com/modindex/
>
> a try.  See if by dynamically migrating the most frequently requested
> modules to the front of the section it becomes more manageable.

That's pretty cool.  What I don't know is how it would look after
thousands of people using it.  I know that I probably only have 10
modules or so that I consistently need to check the docs for.  Your hack
above would conveniently place those all at the top if I was the only
user.  But are those 10 modules the same 10 modules that other folks
need?  I don't know...

Of course, the only way to find out is to try...

STeVe