Documentation suggestions

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Dec 7 08:42:22 EST 2005

    Iain> Well, the point of the GMI is to lookup whatever module you are
    Iain> currently having to use for the first time (at least it is for
    Iain> me).  Giving easy access to the modules I've already had to look
    Iain> up (because they are common) doesn't really help - I've already
    Iain> accessed those.  It'll be nice when I have to find some obscure
    Iain> feature I haven't used in them before, but really, all I'd like is
    Iain> an easy to use index :)

Reorganizing the global module index isn't all that straightforward.  It is
generated by latex2html.  To change its layout would probaly require some
additional markup and mods to latex2html (not a pretty piece of code as I
understand it).

OTOH, I find myself returning to the same module docs over and over again to
look up function arguments, regular expression syntax, that sort of thing.
Having to page down past dozens and dozens of modules I don't care about to
click on "sys" or "datetime" motivated me to write my little hack.

Skip