GUI tookit for science and education

Mateusz Łoskot see.my at signature.net
Wed Aug 17 18:21:50 EDT 2005

Thomas Bartkus napisał(a):
> "Paul Rubin" <http://phr.cx@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote in message
>
> I would take MS Excel/VBA as the premier fat client prototyping tool/GUI
> toolkit for science & education.  How would one go about replicating any of
> that in an HTML/browser app?  How do we get to "easier to write"?

As I said, I'm looking for multiplatform solution.
So, I will go with Python, Tk and C++ (for algorithm and critical parts
of applications). Tk is simple, very simple, Python I like, C++ I love,
as I'm professional C++ programmer.
Students and profs will use Python with Tk mainly.
I will convert some of libraries with algorithms they will prototype in
python (and exsiting in  Pascal) to C/C++ and bind them with Python.

There is also C++/Tk by Maciej Sobczak, great tool.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771