Jargons of Info Tech industry

Ulrich Hobelmann u.hobelmann at web.de
Sat Aug 27 05:27:00 EDT 2005

Mike Meyer wrote:
> Try turning off JavaScript (I assume you don't because you didn't
> complain about it). Most of the sites on the web that use it don't
> even use the NOSCRIPT tag to notify you that you have to turn the
> things on - much less use it to do something useful.

I had JS off for a long time, but now so many websites expect it, and
even make browsing more convenient, that I grudgingly accepted it. ;)

> Sturgeon's law applies to web sites, just like it does to everything
> else.

Yep.  Filtering is the future in the overloaded world.

--
I believe in Karma.  That means I can do bad things to people
all day long and I assume they deserve it.