Well, another try Re: while c = f.read(1)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Aug 22 16:23:58 EDT 2005

Robert Kern wrote:
> Paul Rubin wrote:

>>>It's the polite way. And probably the only way you're going to get
>>>your questions actually answered.
>>
>>I wonder if there's a way to killfile posts that contain that url.
>>They are cluttering up the newsgroup much more than repeated newbie
>>questions do.
>

> You can get a good start by killfiling me.

*plonk* :-)

>>Sheesh people, if you see a question that you don't feel like
>>answering, then don't answer.
>

> Same goes to you. You don't like the "smart-questions.html" response, so
> why do you respond? Because you want to change people's behavior. Or
> perhaps because it pleases you to express your displeasure about it
> (regardless of any effect that expression might have on other people).
>
> Coincidentally, those are exactly the reasons why I posted it in the
> first place. I care not a whit about decluttering the newgroup, an
> impossible task.

It's clear that you care not a whit about it. Unfortunately the only way
to preserve bandwidth on this (or any other) chanell is for those with
nothing to say to not say it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/