Well, another try Re: while c = f.read(1)

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sat Aug 20 16:14:12 EDT 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:

>>>Is it a *smart* way or *necessary* way?
>>
>>It's the polite way. And probably the only way you're going to get
>>your questions actually answered.
>
> I wonder if there's a way to killfile posts that contain that url.
> They are cluttering up the newsgroup much more than repeated newbie
> questions do.

You can get a good start by killfiling me.

> Sheesh people, if you see a question that you don't feel like
> answering, then don't answer.

Same goes to you. You don't like the "smart-questions.html" response, so
why do you respond? Because you want to change people's behavior. Or
perhaps because it pleases you to express your displeasure about it
(regardless of any effect that expression might have on other people).

Coincidentally, those are exactly the reasons why I posted it in the
first place. I care not a whit about decluttering the newgroup, an
impossible task.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu