Well, another try Re: while c = f.read(1)

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 22 17:41:23 EDT 2005

Steve Holden wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:

>>Coincidentally, those are exactly the reasons why I posted it in the
>>first place. I care not a whit about decluttering the newgroup, an
>>impossible task.
>
> It's clear that you care not a whit about it. Unfortunately the only way
> to preserve bandwidth on this (or any other) chanell is for those with
> nothing to say to not say it.

Folks, if you want to preserve bandwidth from being wasted on irrelevant
posts (like this one), delete your newsreader.

USENET *is* clutter. Sometimes useful clutter. Entertaining clutter.
*Shiny* clutter. But clutter. If you care about efficient use of
bandwidth, this is not the place for you.

James asked a question in such a way that I didn't think it would get
answered. Judging from the other non-responses to his post, I was right.
I showed him the way to ask questions such that they *will* get
answered, and he came back, did so, and got his questions answered.

That's worth 5 kb.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu