GUI tookit for science and education

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 17 20:51:41 EDT 2005

James Sungjin Kim wrote:
> Michele Simionato wrote:
>
>>My vote is for ipython + matplotlib. Very easy and very powerful.
>
> Is it really easier than to use MATLAB(TM)?

If you're only doing exactly the things that MATLAB or one of its
toolkits was designed to do, then MATLAB will probably be somewhat more
convenient. Once you move outside of that box and start doing real
programming, Python (with Numeric, ipython, matplotlib, scipy, et al.)
beats MATLAB handily.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu