Decline and fall of scripting languages ?

phil phillip.watts at anvilcom.com
Sun Aug 7 15:11:25 EDT 2005

> Kay Schluehr (kay.schluehr at gmx.net) wrote:
> : No good news for scripting-language fans:
>
> : http://www.phpmag.net/itr/news/psecom,id,23284,nodeid,113.html

What incredible horse dooey.

The only thing that NEVER "penetrates the enterprise space"
is good sense.

Does anyone read history books?  There is no such thing as a large
corporation that is not doomed.  There are a few names which are
older than 1/2 a century but the companies and players are
unrecognizable. We have barbeque joints in Texas older than IBM.
And noone from 1970 would recognize IBM.
The "enterprise" is good for one thing.  Devouring each other.

The "enterprise"'s opinion about what is good for the future
is like this broker I knew in Dallas.  All you had to do was
find out which stock he was recommending, then short it.