Decline and fall of scripting languages ?

Neil Benn benn at cenix-bioscience.com
Mon Aug 8 08:28:50 EDT 2005

phil wrote:

>>Kay Schluehr (kay.schluehr at gmx.net) wrote:
>>: No good news for scripting-language fans:
>>
>>: http://www.phpmag.net/itr/news/psecom,id,23284,nodeid,113.html
>>

>What incredible horse dooey.
>
>The only thing that NEVER "penetrates the enterprise space"
>is good sense.
>
>Does anyone read history books?  There is no such thing as a large
>corporation that is not doomed.  There are a few names which are
>older than 1/2 a century but the companies and players are
>unrecognizable. We have barbeque joints in Texas older than IBM.
>And noone from 1970 would recognize IBM.
>The "enterprise" is good for one thing.  Devouring each other.
>
>The "enterprise"'s opinion about what is good for the future
>is like this broker I knew in Dallas.  All you had to do was
>find out which stock he was recommending, then short it.

<snip>
Err, that's not what is meant by enterprise, it's a catch all term for
large distributed systems, take a look at the link below for an idea of
this:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/faq.html

    Obviously there are other variations on this than the Sun stuff but
enterprise dosn't mean 'very large companies' in this case.

Cheers,

Neil

--

Neil Benn