Decline and fall of scripting languages ?

Paul Rubin http
Sun Aug 7 02:18:13 EDT 2005

"gene tani" <gene.tani at gmail.com> writes:
> http://martinfowler.com/bliki/CollectionClosureMethod.html
> http://onestepback.org/index.cgi/Tech/Ruby/PythonAndRuby.rdoc

Thanks, the way Ruby passes closure arguments to various of its
library builtins is cute.  PEP 343 adds something sort of comparable
to Python but I think more library support and culture evolution will
be needed before the "with" statement operates as smoothly.

Ruby just doesn't interest me that much though (maybe I'm missing
something).  I was hoping for a concise explanation of what Rails does
and whether it's feasible to do something like it in (say) Python.  I
did look at the rubyonrails.com site but there were too many marketing
buzzwords and downloadable videos for me to deal with.