[newbie] Embedding Flash OCX object

Kartic removethis.kartic.krishnamurthy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:39:50 EDT 2005

The Great 'Exeem' uttered these words on 4/29/2005 2:11 PM:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to embbed the flash.ocx object in a Windows Python
> application,
> I've successfully integrated a flash object with the ocx already installed
> on the system using the Activex Wrapper,
> but i would like to embbed it inside my application in order to distribute
> my application without the need for the user to install the flash player.
> It would like also to embbed the flash animation inside my application
> without loading it .. i mean directly from the memory.
>
> I've seen that it was possible in C++ or in Delphi, using the
> http://www.flashplayercontrol.com/ .. but don't know how to make it in
> Python.
>
> Any ideas are welcome
>
> Dan.

Dan,

wxPython has the capability to embed Flash inside a wxPython panel. It
uses Macromedia's Flash ocx that is installed when installing flash
player on Windows. And it is pretty nifty; take a look at the demo.

 From your message, it is appears you are using win32gui functions but I
am unable to tell. So using Win32, I do not know how you can do what you
are trying. But yeah, look into wxPython!

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
-Kartic