(PHP or Python) Developing something like www.tribe.net

Dave Benjamin ramen at lackingtalent.com
Tue Apr 26 03:28:14 EDT 2005

In article <1113886371.590749.253780 at g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Mir Nazim wrote:
> I agree Zope2/Plone are really mature. But I think you missed my point.
> It is not neccessary that I may be using all the functionality of Plone
> etc. More over zope3 seems to have got a few great features like better
> support for building filesystem based products, easier learning curve
> etc.

I played around with Plone a couple of years ago, and it was rather slow. It
seemed to have a very solid design and a lot of intelligence put into it,
but I couldn't use it in any productions because I just couldn't squeeze
enough juice out of it, and also, for some reason I needed to restart the
entire Zope process when I made even small changes to templates/skins.

Can anyone who's worked with Plone recently comment as to whether these
issues have been improved since then? I notice that Plone has been popping
up quite a bit lately, and they don't seem unreasonably slow to me. (CPUs
have of course exploded in speed in the past few years.)

--
 .:[ dave benjamin: ramen/[sp00] -:- spoomusic.com -:- ramenfest.com ]:.
        "talking about music is like dancing about architecture."