web authoring tools

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 12 03:31:00 EDT 2005

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> =?iso-8859-15?Q?Pierre-Fr=E9d=E9ric_Caillaud?= <peufeu at free.fr> wrote in
> news:op.so2yz4blqfv3if at localhost:

>>>I honestly got a little tired of the tone of the answers I was
>>>getting from that crowd, about what an idiot I am.  My query there is
>>>still
>>
>>     You mean you are interested in a web application programming
>>     framework in
>>the spirit of Seaside, or in a HTML/CSS editor in the spirit of
>>Dreamweaver ?
>

> I believe Dreamweaver-esque.  I see myself writing articles and eventually
> doing snazzy eye candy layouts.  I do not see myself engaging in elaborate
> flow control or anything terribly programmatic.  I want to concentrate on
> the content, not the mechanism.

I've stayed out of this one so far because of a natural disinclination
to join religious discussions, but sine we are now talking good common
sense I'd like to ask whether a *batch-oriented* system for folding
database content into a static web site with common look-and-feel would
be of interest.

Now PyCon is over I've been able to blog about the techniques used to
generate the web site at http://www.holdenweb.com/, and most recently
about using reStructured Text in the database to ease authorship
problems for the less-taxing content. See

http://www.holdenweb.com/blogs/2005/04/versioned-reviews-implemented-post.html

to determine whether the overall approach would work for you.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/