PyGTK vs. wxPython

dcrespo dcrespo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:46:05 EDT 2005

Hi all... Thank you for your answers...

wxPython, under Linux, tries to use GTK... A better way to say it is:
wxPython uses whatever it needs: under Windows, his API; under Linux,
his API (may imply the use of GTK or GNOME), etc...

Aparently, none of you has tried wxPython recently or properly.
wxPython is a cross-platform toolkit. Currently supported platforms are
32-bit Microsoft Windows, most Unix or unix-like systems, and Macintosh
OS X. Certainly, there may be Linux distributions where it doesn't run
well...

> The PyGTK is a better choice if you are writing for
> Linux and want your application to also be able to run on windows.

I want exactly the opossite: my apps must be developed for running
primarly under Windows but also be able to run on Linux.

So, tell me PyGTK (with or without Glade/w XML output) or entirely
Python code through wxPython?
Truely, what's the best for CROSS-platform for both Linux and Windows?
Not just for Linux or just for Windows, but for both.

Anyone who had used any a lot?

Thanks

Daniel