about presicion

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Sep 2 10:15:30 EDT 2004

[David]
> Note the "static-link" part.  I don't believe the free compiler comes
> with support for building dynamically linked (to the C library)
> applications, which is what Python extensions are.

It doesn't directly support the runtime DLL because it doesn't ship with the
import library for it, but the import library is available as part of the
.NET Framework SDK.  Mike Fletcher has a HOWTO here:

  http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/index.html

which says "This document describes the process of building Python 2.4
binary extensions with the (free) Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit Compiler."

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com