about presicion

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Sep 2 10:17:20 EDT 2004

David Bolen wrote:

>Yes, but the next bullet on the MS site says:
>
>  C Runtime Library and the C++ Standard Library, including the Standard
>  Template Library.  These are the same static-link libraries included
>  with Visual Studio.
>
>Note the "static-link" part.  I don't believe the free compiler comes
>with support for building dynamically linked (to the C library)
>applications, which is what Python extensions are.

The compiler package doesn't include the lib needed for the dynamic
modules, but the compiler itself has support *if* you have that library
available, and the .NET Framework SDK has the library.  Again, see
http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/mstoolkit/ for all the gory details.

Enjoy,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher