Zope, M2Crypto, and Gentoo

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:30:45 EDT 2004

Hi Jim,

> That means a very small number of users, only one user accessing a given
> file at a time, etc.  LDAP is really overkill, as is another Webserver.
> Heck, I wouldn't even be looking at m2crypto if it weren't for the fact
> I want this tool to manage remote servers.
LDAP was only an example. Some python modules require special building
settings, which usually aren't included on the binary distributions.

> As it stands now, I haven't tried anything with it.  I think my next step
> is to contact the guy who maintains m2crypto, describe my situation, and
> ask him if he has any thoughts.
Did you try finding the python used by zope and checked if it has
m2crypto installed? I think theoretically the installation should work
also with the binaries as well. You only need to know where your files
are and the rest shouldn't be difficult. Afterall, I think m2Crypto
isn't a complicated module and doesn't have special requirements.

Regards,
Josef