Zope, M2Crypto, and Gentoo

jsmilan at tiny.net jsmilan at tiny.net
Tue Sep 28 23:00:41 EDT 2004

Josef;

Thanks for your comments.  Maybe I should elaborate a bit more.

This project that I'm doing is a very small one.  One objective is to
teach myself object oriented programming in the simplest environment
possible.  If I am successful, I hope to have a standalone application
that can be bundled up for Windows, Linux, and hopefully Mac OSX.
However, I'll be happy if I can just get everything to work.  :)

The project itself is an admin tool for gameservers.  Very simple
requirements; read in a text configuration file, provide a Web interface
to edit it line by line with some integrity checking on variable names,
and write the text file back out.  Nothing exciting at all.

That means a very small number of users, only one user accessing a given
file at a time, etc.  LDAP is really overkill, as is another Webserver.
Heck, I wouldn't even be looking at m2crypto if it weren't for the fact
I want this tool to manage remote servers.

As it stands now, I haven't tried anything with it.  I think my next step
is to contact the guy who maintains m2crypto, describe my situation, and
ask him if he has any thoughts.

Thanks again.

Jim

Jim Smilanich jsmilan at visi.com
=JpS=SgtRock
"A man should be able to pilot a starship, plan an invasion, diaper
a baby, ....specialization is  for insects!"  --  Lazarus Long