DB-SIG wiki/moin? (was Re: Python and Sybase)

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 16:52:32 EDT 2004

    Alan> When looking at the DB-SIG web page, although I can see a list of
    Alan> database modules there that support the DB-API in its different
    Alan> versions and levels, I can see no easy way for that list to be
    Alan> updated with the above sort of invaluable information.

    Alan> Might it be a good idea to make at least part of the DB-SIG web
    Alan> page a wiki/moin? A moin works well in the web
    Alan> framework/templating arena, so perhaps it is also suitable for
    Alan> database modules?

Go ahead and update the Python wiki:

    http://www.python.org/moin

culling whatever dynamic information you think approrpriate from the
existing db-sig pages.  Note that there are already several pages with
the word "database" in their titles.  Search at the bottom of any page to
find them.  It's likely one of them will be a better starting place than a
clean sheet of WikiPaper.

Once you have something, let me know and I'll update the topics/data/modules
page to refer to it.  It would be extra helpful if you could update a copy
of this page:

    http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.ht

(note the lack of "ml" at the end) and shoot it to me.  If so, that will
simplify my job.

Skip