python is going to die! =(

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Mon Sep 20 03:49:00 EDT 2004

Am Sonntag, 19. September 2004 23:58 schrieb julio:
> <snip retarted crap>

If you think you can make anyone switch to C# because of some inflammatory
comments about Python, think again. And you know what: I've coded using the
"massively productivity increasing IDE called Visual Studio" in C++, and
yeah, you are right that for programming in C++ I needed call tips,
integrated help, and everything, just because I wouldn't have been productive
at all with out them (can't keep stupid hungarian notation property names of
all MFC classes in your head, can you?). But with Python, I've yet to find a
class which can't be inspected/tried out with the command interpreter. And
isn't this so much better than having to read documentation or having call
tips?

At least programs that were written for Python six years ago still work on the
Python VM, programs written for the .NET VM couldn't have been written less
than 3/2 years ago, and those early versions of C# were completely different
anyway (Microsoft style of ensuring that all programmers retain their jobs;
everytime a new Windows or other program comes out, you have to port the
program to it, just look at the switch from VBA 5.0 to VBA 6.0)...

Anyway, all you talk about are IDEs, you don't talk about the language. Have
you even considered what warts Python has in your own experience (then that's
something that I could discuss about with you), or have you just found Skip
Montanaro's page about Python warts and thought: yeah, when some Python god
like him says so, those must be warts?

Just go and leave us alone here troll.

Heiko.