python is going to die! =(

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Mon Sep 20 07:15:42 EDT 2004

* julio (2004-09-20 01:53 +0200)
> Jeremy Bowers wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:58:44 -0400, julio wrote:
>>> It realy makes no sense , no sense at all.
>>
>> C# is that-a-way --->
> So am i missing something ? are any of my arguments wrong ? again :

Let me correct this:
"So am I missing something? Are any of my arguments wrong? Again:"

Maybe there is no real enterprise class IDE for Python but Python
won't "die" of that. As many people have stated: because of the
exorbitant complexity of C++ and Java these languages need an IDE to
master them while Python doesn't.

But anyway: the days of one-language IDEs are gone. Do you want a
different IDE for all your programming languages? Komodo is a step
into the right direction.

Your other "arguments": The google jam doesn't look for Perl or C
programs either. Does it mean that Perl or C are going to die?

C# may have all the advantages a compiled language has - but also
every disadvantage. Do you really think that you will get a clue what
"return MOM" means - just because you know it returns a string? The
type of an object is not important.

By the way: mind your language. If you want to be taken seriuosly, you
shouldn't write like a twelve year old child on steroids.

Thorsten