ANN: WxInter

Ed Suominen ed-no at spam-eepatents.com
Tue Sep 7 13:24:03 EDT 2004

Good points. The thing to do, IMHO, would be to improve wxWindows/wxPython
to provide the text and canvas widget functionality, and then move with the
WxInter idea to use it as a path for abandoning TkInter.

I have Tk and OOP experience, and could work on WxInter (all Python) with
the help of others. But the work on wxWindows/wxPython (C++) would have to
be someone else's domain. The wxWidgets project has a bounties page [1]. If
there were enough interest (e.g., by the Python foundation), that might be
a route to get the needed text/canvas functionality.

Would a PEP be welcomed or opposed on this topic?

[1] http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/wiki.pl?WxWidgets_Bounties

Ed Suominen
Registered Patent Agent
Open-Source Software Author (yes, both...)
Web Site: http://www.eepatents.com