ANN: WxInter

Eric Brunel eric_brunel at despammed.com
Tue Sep 7 06:54:15 EDT 2004

Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 15:55:30 -0700, Ed Suominen wrote:
>

>>WxInter is a drop-in replacement for TkInter, providing user-transparent
>>wxPython-based replacements for each and every part of the Tkinter class
>>library. Because wxPython can do anything that the ancient and stagnant
>>TkInter can do (but with a themable, modern window appearance), legacy code
>>will still run, looking better than ever, and Python's last connection to
>>the Tcl/TK albatross will be forever broken.
>>
>>OK, I just made all this up. But why couldn't it happen? I'd even be tempted
>>to code it myself, but I'm sure others with some wxPython experience could
>>do it much faster and better.
>

> Well, it would break my app. The TKInter text widget is better than what
> the wxWindows text widget can provide for me

Agreed. And I didn't see any equivalent of the Tkinter Canvas widget in any
other toolset. In fact, I didn't even see any widget coming close to it. For
some kind of applications (namely application doing vector drawing), it is
nearly impossible to consider anything else than Tkinter *because* of the Canvas
widget...

However, I'll be glad if someone can prove me wrong...