ANN: WxInter

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Sep 7 13:27:47 EDT 2004

Ed Suominen <ed-no at spam-eepatents.com> writes:

> Good points. The thing to do, IMHO, would be to improve wxWindows/wxPython
> to provide the text and canvas widget functionality, and then move with the
> WxInter idea to use it as a path for abandoning TkInter.
>
> I have Tk and OOP experience, and could work on WxInter (all Python) with
> the help of others. But the work on wxWindows/wxPython (C++) would have to
> be someone else's domain. The wxWidgets project has a bounties page [1]. If
> there were enough interest (e.g., by the Python foundation), that might be
> a route to get the needed text/canvas functionality.
>
> Would a PEP be welcomed or opposed on this topic?

I'm not sure what you're asking about.  A PEP for improving wxWindows
or even wxPython would be irrelavent.

A PEP for removing Tkinter and replacing it with Wxinter would
certainly be necessary, but somewhat premature until Wxinter
exists... I'd also expect it to meet some resistance, but that's only
a guess (I don't use either and don't care :-).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  surely, somewhere, somehow, in the history of computing, at least
  one manual has been written that you could at least remotely