New to Python: Features

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Tue Oct 5 14:38:59 EDT 2004

> A retired philosophy professor who taught himself programming when he
> was twelve.  I've been programming as a hobby since and was interested
> in Python a few years ago, played around with it, and didn't pick it
> back up until now.  What else you want to know?  I've got a cat, a dog,
> and a lovely, highly intelligent wife who teaches history.  No kids, and
> no plans to have any.

Terribly interesting, but well nigh impossible to corroborate.

Take for example if I were to claim that I were a graduate student in
computer science theory at the University of California, Irvine.  A
little bit of investigation would lead you to discover that I am
likely the person I claim to be (header examination, university search,
etc.).

On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be a magic incantation for
google that leads one to your wife's web page in the first few pages of
results (if she is a professor, she probably has one), nor any way to
corroborate your story in any reasonable fashion, based on information
you have posted so far.

What I would like (if you would do me this favor), is a reasonable
amount of evidence to prove you are who you claim you are.  This has no
reason other than to allow me to feel less of an ass for responding to
your 40+ questions last evening. You don't need to post this to the
entire python-list.  If you satisfy me, I'll even post to python-list
that I believe you are who you claim you are.

Would you do me this favor?
 - Josiah