New to Python: Features

Richard Blackwood richardblackwood at cloudthunder.com
Tue Oct 5 15:01:03 EDT 2004

<SNIP>

>Kids. You should try it. When they come to you with a list of 45+
>questions about the meaning of life, the universe and everything, then
>you may be able to understand how did _we_ feel. :-)
>
>(Excuse me -- you're a retired philosophy teacher, so these questions
>must be easy for you. Sorry ;-).

I'm too old for kids.  Anyhow, I don't know of any kids who would come
to their parents with 45+ questions about the meaning of life, but if my
kids did (non-existent), I would be delighted.  Delighted that my kids
were curious, smart enough to write up their questions, and bold enough
to ask me (additionally thereby admitting their ignorance).  I'd do my
best answer their questions and would by no means discourage their
curiosity or tell them to look elsewhere.  I think this is a different
case as the meaning of life is not written up in a manual, is far from
clear, and so forth.

An interesting analogy nevertheless.