execvp() on Solaris

mikeSpindler mike at spindler.us
Mon Oct 18 09:14:42 EDT 2004

I've seen it addressed in searching, but not specifically what is
recommended to get around it.  On Linux where I did my development all
was fine.  But then going to Solaris for the target I found I couldn't
resolve the errors wrt execvp().  It's apparently not syntax, but I
could be wrong.  Any other thoughts on how to get execvp() working
and/or how to cat a file in a new window without bringing tkinter into
the discussion?

My example:
  os.system("xterm -geometry 120x20 -e \"tail -f ./logs/DATAFILE\"&")

Thank you!
Mike