documentation for PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Tue Nov 30 06:11:45 EST 2004

Steven Bethard <steven.bethard at gmail.com> wrote in message news:<NGOqd.485972$D%.108119 at attbi_s51>...
> I'm just starting to play around with the Python source.  (Specifically,
> I'm looking at adding a key argument to max/min like sorted has.)  Can
> anyone direct me to the documentation on how
> PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords, etc. work?  In particular, I can't figure
> out how the format arg to vgetargskeywords should be specified...

Well I just fired up the doco gadget and pasted
"PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords" into the Search box and the 2nd
reference it came up with was this:

manual: Python/C API Reference Manual
section: 5.5 Parsing arguments and building values

The 1st, 3rd & 4th references were examples of calling it.

Where were _you_ looking?

If you want a few :-) more examples, cd to the Modules directory of
your Python source tree and grep PyArg_Parse *.c