ANNOUNCE: Ice 2.0 released

Ville Vainio ville at spammers.com
Wed Nov 24 08:42:22 EST 2004

    Marc> Ice is free software, available with full source, and
    Marc> released under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    Marc> (GPL). Commercial licenses are available for customers who
    Marc> wish to use Ice for closed-source software."

So, unlike with currently available Python CORBA implementations (and
implementations for other languages as well), you can't use ICE in a
closed source system without paying a fee. Just wanted to point this
out so that nobody got the wrong idea. This *is* a big deal with
middleware / library that would quite probably be adopted in
commercial systems where the managers will feel uneasy about giving up
the control of their "precious" source.

Too bad, I actually got mildly exited when I read about ICE in the
referenced website.

--
Ville Vainio   http://tinyurl.com/2prnb