why python is slower than java?

Isaac To iketo2 at netscape.net
Sun Nov 7 11:11:53 EST 2004

    Tim> It is fabulous that you are able to enumerate your list of
    Tim> requirements so completely.  I'm quite serious; many people
    Tim> embark on even complicated projects without a clear
    Tim> understanding of the tradeoffs they will encounter.

    Tim> However, given that set of needs, why would you mess with an
    Tim> "exotic" language at all?  Why wouldn't you just write
    Tim> straight to the metal in C++ or C?  -- - Tim Roberts,
    Tim> timr at probo.com Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

It is quite possible that the list of features, requirements, etc.,
are all known only after the Python prototype show that it worked.
Very few people (except those who are really very proficient in C++)
would like to write prototypes in such static languages, but once the
prototype show what is needed, and the prototype becomes part of the
production system, one have to step by step turn it back to C++.

Regards,
Isaac.