why python is slower than java?

Maurice LING mauriceling at acm.org
Sun Nov 7 00:54:00 EST 2004

> so as a result, I ask questions trying to describe the abstract case of
> what I'm trying to do so that I don't get distracted down a rathole of
> defending the application.  Needless to say, I suspect others are doing
> the same thing and it's really really hard to describe the abstract case
> in a way that's clear.

It is indeed tough to describe a situation in many cases. This may be
due to 3 cases, firstly, it will be extremely long and tedious to
describe the rationale for a decision or a situation. Secondly, during
idea explorations, the codes are not even written and there is no way to
present any codes in newsgroups because they simply hadn't existed yet.
Thirdly, it may be legally criminal to post any codes without prior
clearance.

Even in academic institutions, because there are many industry sponsored
projects, it is common these days that examiners of theses need to sign
a NDA beforehand...

maurice