why python is slower than java?

tutu milas_gi at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:50:45 EST 2004

Maurice LING <mauriceling at acm.org> wrote in message
> 3. I am not interested in the amount of time needed to develop it. But
> only interested execution speed.

-If you really don't care about it, spend time developing it in C or
asambler or machine code, is it going to be faster, maybe?
-If you really don't care about it, write it in both, Java and Python
and decide for yourself about the speed.
-Do you honestly believe someone here can make those valid statements
you are waiting for to validate your unspoken reasons of this dilemma?

Here is how it goes:
No matter what others are going to try and persuade you about, you
will only make it right and probably fast enough when you will have
the experience to do it. Do you know Java better? go ahead and write
it in Java. Are you willing to learn Python and see for yourself if
the decision was right, I suggest you do that, I believe it should be
worthy. Are you afraid you are going to make the wrong decision?. You
must be mature and assume your decisions.

So, if you do have time my suggestion is:
Go ahead and try a few things in python (it seams you have some
reasons to do that already) and see if they are going to perform the
way you would like and if yes, make a plan and do it.
Success!!!

If it is not what you expected, do it in Java.
Success!!!

If you want to see reactions like the one from that Pythongoras, go
ahead and wait some more.