Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Fred Pacquier xnews2 at fredp.lautre.net
Tue Nov 16 07:38:45 EST 2004

Tim Peters <tim.peters at gmail.com> said :

> Ya, I sure agree it's not obvious what to do on Windows!  There have
> been detailed Windows instructions since X3 alpha 1, but subsequent
> release pages didn't point to them.  I see Jim updated the 3.0.0-final
> release page to include them now:
>
><http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeX3
><300>

Huh, thanks for that pointer ! Sure makes a lot more sense that way, and a
lot less to guess at, even for a developer release :)

If only the lower part of that page had figured in a prominent
WINDOWS_INSTALL_README.TXT or some such in the Windows installer, there'd
been much less bitchin' here :-)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/