Prothon gets Major Facelift in Vers 0.1.0 [Prothon]

Mark Hahn mark at prothon.org
Sun May 23 17:37:29 EDT 2004

"simo" <simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote

> > I dont understand why everybody seems to want a machinecode compiler. It
> > wont make a high-level, dynamically typed language run any faster.
>
> I think distribution is the issue really, not speed.
>
> You can have a more secure distributable .exe file and not have to
> bundle the huge Python23.DLL. I can do in 8Kb of compiled C++ what I
> can only do in about 2Mb of Python (of course it'll take me twice as
> long to figure out how to program it in C++, which is the usual
> argument for Python).

I think that 2 MB could be brought down to something reasonable like 0.1 MB
with a proper "compiler".  That is a nice goal to work towards in Prothon.

BTW: The 0.008 MB you are talking about either does nothing useful or is
just calling windows high-level routines.  I assume maybe you are
exaggerating?