Prothon gets Major Facelift in Vers 0.1.0 [Prothon]

simo simoninusa2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 23 16:27:39 EDT 2004

Ryan Paul <segphault at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I dont understand why everybody seems to want a machinecode compiler. It
> wont make a high-level, dynamically typed language run any faster.

I think distribution is the issue really, not speed.

You can have a more secure distributable .exe file and not have to
bundle the huge Python23.DLL. I can do in 8Kb of compiled C++ what I
can only do in about 2Mb of Python (of course it'll take me twice as
long to figure out how to program it in C++, which is the usual
argument for Python).