batching script on the web

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Fri Mar 19 01:36:37 EST 2004

In article <c2403dab.0403182144.666927f8 at posting.google.com>,
cristobal <cris.tobal at free.fr> wrote:
>I all,
>
>I'd like to make a script that can request pages on the web, put some
>information on a web page like login and password, as if I had done it
>through a mozilla interface. Through a sery of clic, I'll get a page
>that I like to parse to fetch some information. (This must be able to
>go through https connection.)
>
>If some one can give me indication how to begin with this, it will be
>very helpfull. My main problem is to maitain a session with the
>serveur, it's not only a problem to get url, but sequence of "clic"
>while keeping a http session open on the server side.
			.
			.
			.
Does <URL: http://www.unixreview.com/documents/s=7822/ur0302h/ > help?
Briefly, there are several ways "to maintain a session", and, at the
Python level, it takes a bit of work to determine which is operative
in your case, and implement an automation.  It's certainly feasible;
it takes a bit of work.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at phaseit.net>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net