batching script on the web

cristobal cris.tobal at free.fr
Fri Mar 19 00:44:08 EST 2004

I all,

I'd like to make a script that can request pages on the web, put some
information on a web page like login and password, as if I had done it
through a mozilla interface. Through a sery of clic, I'll get a page
that I like to parse to fetch some information. (This must be able to
go through https connection.)

If some one can give me indication how to begin with this, it will be
very helpfull. My main problem is to maitain a session with the
serveur, it's not only a problem to get url, but sequence of "clic"
while keeping a http session open on the server side.

thanks for every suggestion.