Python reference

David Fraser davidf at sjsoft.com
Fri Jun 4 16:40:53 EDT 2004

Reiner Block wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>

>>And to find keywords in the index of the Python docs, you could use
>> <http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi>
>
> <ironic>really great this documentation.</ironic> I'm searching and searching
> for two possibilities: test if a string is a number (integer) or to strip
> leading and trailing blanks. But it is impossible to find in the documentation
> how to do it. :-(  Really: I never saw a worse docu as this one.

Search for "strip" will give you the second. The other is more difficult
to find like this - its isdigit. But both can be found easily be saying
help(str) from the Python prompt.
The problem is that you've misunderstood the purpose of this web page.

> Angry greetings

There's no need to be angry! He made a page that other people can find
useful, and you didn't find it useful. He didn't set out to harm you...

David