A little help with child processes.

Larry Bates lbates at swamisoft.com
Wed Jun 16 10:50:26 EDT 2004

Unless you are going to start more than one child
process in parallel and there is enough I/O to
 make it worthwhile, there's no reason for using
child processes at all.  Just program the application
as a single loop.  You can't speed up CPU bound
applications with child processes.

HTH,
Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.