A little help with child processes.

Rech rech at MUORISPAMfastwebnet.it
Wed Jun 16 10:05:06 EDT 2004

Hi,
I need a little help here managing child processes in Python. I'm not so
skilled in system programming so I hope you can give me some good
suggestions.

I have a very CPU and memory intensive task that has to be repeated many
times (with different input parameters). So I've thought to write a
Python script that create a child process, wait for it to finish and
then starts again another child with different parameters.

The children processes will save all the results to the disk (using
cPickle module), so the parent process has to wait each child only and
then starts the next one. The problem is that I can't work out a
solution. Sorry, but system programming is not my job.

Any suggestions about how to realize that? A skeleton of the script will
just suffice.

Thanks in advance,
   Andrea.